Saturday, January 5, 2008

Another Hike!


Two hikes in one week, and two photos today! And this hike was actually my idea! Kaden and Kieran have been into birds the last few days, looking for them at home and photographing them and identifying them in a bird book. So I thought it would be fun to go to the Patuxent Wildlife Refuge for a hike and some birdwatching. We got there around noon and first went down to the birdblind and boardwalk area, where I took the top photo. We took a great family photo Christmas day wearing these same shirts, and I want a series to frame, so I made the boys take their jackets off and freeze so I could get some shots!

We also hiked about 1.5 miles on a trail through the woods and beside the lake. Not too many birds this time of year, but we did see some geese flying and on the ice, and a killdeer. The boys (and Molly) loved it and we'll definetly go back in the spring when there are more birds.

No comments: