Thursday, September 9, 2010

Good Eats

We joined a different CSA this summer, and it's been wonderful! This particular CSA allows you to choose your own produce each week, within set guidelines. What I've liked about our CSA in the past is how it pushes my out of my produce comfort zone each week, forcing me to use vegetables I wouldn't normally buy. So this new format is even better because I'm forced to get a set amount of veggies, but I have choices! And the produce has been amazing. Several different varieties of each veggie, tons of fruit, and the melons! Yum! Most of the produce is organic, and it's all local, so it's good all around!

{several varieties of eggplant. I've tried the long, skinny ones, and the white ones.}

{look at all the tomatoes! I picked a ton of them and made spaghetti sauce for the freezer.}

{we've feasted on corn on the cob each week. so sweet!}

{this was at a farmer's market in West Virginia. orange tomatoes!}

{i'm so tempted to buy a bushel and try canning them.}

{you can never have too many tomatoes!}

If you're interested in the CSA we belong to, check out Norman's Farm Market. We joined for all three seasons, spring, summer, and fall.

No comments: