Wednesday, January 26, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

It's still January, so I can still make New Year's Resolutions, right?! Maybe if I write them down here that will keep me accountable. I will update as I work on them.

1. work on my photography (signed up for this class that begins Feb. 3)
I want to learn to shoot manual and rediscover my passion for photography.

2. practice yoga
I've always wanted to learn yoga, I need to stop putting it off!

3. make birthday's special
no more waiting until the last minute to buy gifts, send cards, plan parties.

4. more intentional cooking and baking
weekly menu plans, bake my way through my Flour cookbook.

5. weekly blogging
I love the record of my life captured here, so I need to do it more!

6. be more "present" with the boys
I need to get off the computer and spend quality time with them. The computer will always be there . . . they won't.

7. leave the boys alone more
I know this seems to directly contradict #6, but while I need to spend quality time with them, I also need to let them learn, do, and grow on their own. I think I interfere too much. They need to learn to take care of themselves which they won't learn if I always step in and take over. 'Nuf said.

8. read more books
I love to read. I have piles of books waiting to be read. Get with it already! I'd like to read three books a month this year. That's do-able, right?

That's it for 2011. Not too bad, nothing impossible on the list. Perhaps I'll try to update my progress once a month throughout the year. Who's with me?!

No comments: