Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

yes, my birthday came and went on Sunday. I've always loved having a May Day birthday!

Here's the list I made of things I wanted to do on my birthday:

1. brunch at home (I made Paula Deen's Baked French Toast the night before).

2. farmer's market (I bought plants for the garden, baked goods, and cheese curds).

3. play a round of Settlers of Catan with the boys.

4. work in the garden planting new plants, weeding, and edging bed.

5. dinner out at my favorite Thai restaurant.

We did it all and I had a great day! I've found that I usually have too high of expectations for special days like this, and if I don't plan ahead I'm usually disappointed. Lesson learned: make a list and don't leave it up to chance!

Here are a few photos from years past on my birthday. What I find interesting is (obviously) how much the boys have changed, but also how much my hair changed from year to year!

 {2002}

 {2004 surprise party!}

 {2005}

 {2006}

 {2008}

{2009 40th birthday surprise party!}

No comments: