Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Fujifilm Instax Photo Project

I recently bought myself a Fujifilm Instax camera and decided that our vacation to the Canadian Rockies was the perfect place to break it in. Although I took hundreds of photos with my DSLR, it was great to have the Instax along for the instant gratification of seeing the photo immediately. Plus I love the mini size and look of the photo! I tried to take one instant photo each day of vacation, in each of the different locations we visited. I loved watching the collection grow over the vacation and flipping through the pile. When we got home though I wanted the photos to do more then just sit in a pile and gather dust!

I came up with the idea of framing them all in one large frame, and also including some vacation memorabilia to add interest and break up the display visually. I laid all the photos out to see what kind of arrangement I could come up with and to measure the dimensions. Luckily the height and width exactly corresponded to a common frame size (11"x14")! I purchased a simple black frame and some double sided tape and got to work.

First I laid out all the photos and made an arrangement that I was happy with.

Next I used double-sided tape to attach the photos to the backing board.

Here, all the photos have been attached!

Looks good to me!




I love these small photos and love the way this art project turned out!

No comments: