Friday, January 13, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

It's that time of year again. Looking back at my resolutions from last year, I didn't do so well. I did work on my photography a bit, but in some ways I think it's gotten worse! I certainly didn't try yoga. Numbers 3, 4, and 5 were a moderate success. Progress was definitely made. #6 and 7 I'm still working on, and #8 will always be on my list!

Perhaps I need more do-able resolutions this year! I'm intrigued by the approach a couple bloggers have taken. Run Lucas Run has a beautiful (free!), downloadable template you can fill in with your answers to nine thoughtful questions. She also includes a template you can fill out with your children.
{photo via Run Lucas Run}

 Tsh from Simple Mom has a list of 20 questions to reflect on on New Year's Eve. Once you've reflected on the past year and are ready to think ahead to the new year, Tsh shares a downloadable PDF with a list of questions to help you set goals for the future. 

I've printed out both of these PDF's and hope to have some time over the weekend to think about the year ahead and put some goals and plans in place.

Another idea that always inspires me is Ali Edwards One Little Word project. I haven't come up with my word yet, but have a few I'm mulling over.

What are your goals and resolutions for the new year? How do you come up with them?

No comments: