Thursday, February 17, 2011

White Cabinets

Our kitchen cabinets are an off-white wood, untouched since we moved in 10 years ago. The hardware is simple, but nothing great. I've been wanting to paint them for quite a while now, but keep holding off because we need to do some appliance rearranging before we paint.

We currently have a wall oven and a counter top stove, both probably original to the house which is 40 years old! Both need to be replaced, but what I'd like to do requires minor (?) construction. I'd like to remove the wall oven and turn the space into a pull-out pantry unit, then remove the stove top and insert a stove. Once that is all done, I want to paint the cupboards, replace the hardware, and put in new black countertops.

This is what our cupboards and countertops look like currently:

This is the stainless steel oven I'd like to get (or similar):

Here is one pantry pull-out idea:

Another pantry pull-out example:

And this is an example of the countertops I'd like to get:

Dana of House Tweaking recently did exactly what I want to do. Here is her before:

And her after. Isn't is beautiful!:

No comments: