Thursday, June 12, 2008

Busy

How is it that summer is even busier than the school year? I've been looking forward to uninterrupted free time, lounging around all day with nowhere to go, but somehow that's not working out. I'm not complaining though, because it's still different than the previous nine months. Part of it is that Kohler's still been in school up 'till today, so I still had to get up at 6:45 a.m. to get him breakfast and off to school. Then the day has been relatively free until 2:30 when I drive carpool to pick him up. Then everything hits: swim team, Tae Kwon Do, the final few baseball games, and still guitar and piano lessons to drive to.

Tomorrow though is Kohler's first day of vacation and that will make a difference, and baseball is officially over! The first swim meet is Saturday morning and each boy is swimming three different strokes plus Kohler is swimming the IM for the first time! He's able to swim butterfly now which he couldn't do last summer--I'm anxious to see how it goes. I'm so proud of all three boys--the time trials were last weekend, each boy swam all four strokes (freestyle, backstroke, breast stroke, and butterfly), and they did better in each stroke (except butterfly which none of them swam last year) than their best time last year. And that's after a very limited winter swim program. I think that means they will do very well this summer, as they should only improve from here.

I've been meaning to write an entire post about Kohler, and now that he's an official 7th grader, I can't put it off any longer, so look for that tomorrow!

No comments: