Saturday, September 6, 2008

Back to School



We've been back to school for a few weeks now, and are getting settled back in the school routine. Spelling tests on Thursday and Friday, memory verses on Wednesday, P.E. on Monday and Wednesday, the music on Tuesday and Thursday. And that's just for the younger two! Things to be quizzed on and studied, papers to write, math problems to solve. Not to mention all the checks I have to write this time of year: Sally Foster, magazine sales, extra-curricular fees, field trip fees, p.e. uniforms, donations for this and that. Then on top of all that, after school activities: music lessons for three boys, Tae Kwon Do, swimming, soccer, and Pathfinders and Adventurers. There isn't a weekday that doesn't have some activity. I do love this though. I am so much happier when I'm busy. The other day I was driving down the road to some activity or school, and had such a feeling of happiness wash over me, and I realized it was because I was busy. A fast pace is definitely my preferred speed, and makes me appreciate the down time even more. Something I need to keep in mind for myself.

No comments: