Friday, September 26, 2008

New Things Brewing . . .



I love the word "brew", and not in the coffee sense {although I love it that way too} but in the sense of new things coming. Also the word "percolate". Why is it the two words I love that mean new ideas, new thoughts, both also have to do with coffee? Sad, for someone like me who can't drink coffee. But both words bring a feeling of excitement and change. And it is coming.

I've been working on the idea of opening my own Etsy shop for some time now. I love what I see on there and have purchased several items from amazing sellers already. But it's time for me to do something. I have lots of ideas and am full up on inspiration. Now I just need to step up to the plate and dive in {how's that for mixing sports metaphors?!}.

I've been doing research, jotting down possible shop names and product ideas, buying supplies and reading crafty books and magazines. Now I just need to step away from the computer for awhile and work on product design and production. Possibly even two shops! I'd love to have one shop to sell my photography prints and another to sell handmade zakka-type items.

I'm excited about the possibilities. I have the time and the abilities, now I just need to push myself and take the plunge.

No comments: