Monday, January 26, 2009

Weekend with Kieran


Kieran and I had the best weekend together. In fact, he says it was "the best weekend ever!". His Dad and brothers went away for the weekend to a Pathfinder Classoree, so it was just Kieran and I home together.

Everyone left around 5:00 p.m. Friday, so Kieran and I hung around the house for a little bit, watching T.V. and playing computer games, then we headed out to his absolute favorite restaurant, Five Guys, for dinner. They have the best burgers ever, and Kieran is a huge burger fan. We had a great dinner, then went back home for more T.V. watching and computer game playing. I watched the movie "Holiday" and Kieran joined me in bed halfway through the movie. We snuggled together while finishing the movie, then he fell asleep while I watched a bit more.

Saturday morning we both slept in, then it was back to the computers for a bit until noon time when we got dressed and headed to Tyson's Corner mall. We headed to the Lego store first where we browsed for a bit. Unfortunately they didn't have the particular Lego Kieran wanted, so we went to Game Stop next. He checked out all the games, while I found one I wanted to buy! American Idol Karaoke for the PS3! Then we went up to the food court where we found . . . Five Guys! So Kieran had another burger, but I chose something else.

While we were eating, Kieran asked if we were going to see a movie, so once we finished we went over to the movie theater and found that "Hotel for Dogs" had just started. We quickly bought tickets and got into the theater just as the previews were ending, taking the last two good seats together. It was such a cute movie! Not terribly realistic, but very cute. After the movie I wanted to do a little shopping, so we went to Abercrombie, andAbercrombie and Fitch (as Kohler has now outgrown Abercrombie). They were having a great sale, and I got something for each boy. Kieran was happy to be done with the shopping part!

From there we stopped in Barnes and Noble for a couple books and a strawberry Frappuccino at Starbucks for Kieran. Then we were ready to head home. I didn't really want to have to drive home in the dark in Stoehr's car! Back home, we immediately plugged in the American Idol microphone and started singing! Kieran didn't really want to sing, but I made him sing two songs with me, then he watched me sing for a while! We made up some nachos and it was back to computer games for him and a movie for me. I watched "Lost in Translation", and when it was over Kieran came to snuggle with me and I watched a bit more T.V. while he read Garfield comic books. He fell asleep around 11 p.m. again, like last night.

Sunday morning we woke up and played computer games and American Idol again, then got dressed and took Molly for a walk. It was 1:00 p.m. by the time we finally made it out to Starbucks for "breakfast". I tried their new Vanilla Rooibos Tazo tea (pretty good!) and had a piece of banana coffee cake, while Kieran had an Odwalla orange juice and a cookie. We shared the newspaper while we ate: comics for Kieran and the rest for me!

We made it home in time to do a little cleaning up before everyone else got home. It is so nice to spend time with just one child. And boy is it a lot easier than all three! We have to make an effort to do this more often. Hopefully Kieran will always remember our weekend together!

No comments: