Monday, February 21, 2011

Books I've read this year (so far)

Update on my New Year's resolution to read three books a month this year.

Here is what I have read since January 1:

1. The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Gafon
a dark gothic book of intrigue, tragedy, and secrets about the nature of obsession.

2. One Day by David Nicholls
checks in with the same couple on the same day for 20 years.

3. Acceptance by David Marcus
about finding and getting accepted to the right college for you.

4. A Yellow Raft in Blue Water by Michael Dorris
a story from the perspective of a daughter, mother, and grandmother

5. Just Kids by Patti Smith
memoir by Patti of her life with Robert Maplethorpe

I am still finishing up Just Kids and need to get started on my book club book for March, and I have a pile of memoirs and biographies just begging to be read. I need more time!

What Next?

image from NBKLX17 on Flickr

No comments: