Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Weekly Menu Plan

Inspired by my brilliant friend Sharon, I spent yesterday grocery shopping and cooking meals for the week. I picked four meals, prepared them all, then packed them away in the fridge to be cooked or warmed up later in the week. How smart is that?! Now I'm done for the week. No more having to call for carryout at the last moment or discovering I need a crucial ingredient too late in the evening. It will free up my evenings for the rest of the week as well.

And what did I make you may be asking? Glad you asked! Here is the list:

chicken enchiladas

Cincinnati chili

chicken alfredo sauce for fettuccine

lasagna

In addition, I also baked a bread pudding with bread that had hardened, and helped Kaden bake two loaves of oatmeal bread. We will be eating well this week!



Here is the plan for the week:

Monday: lasagna with fresh baked bread, tossed veggie salad (feta, chickpeas, grape tomatoes, cucumber, turkey bacon, romaine, homemade dressing)

Tuesday: chicken alfredo fettuccine, garlic bread, broccoli

Wednesday: chicken enchiladas, yellow rice, corn, guacamole

Thursday: Cincinnati chili with spaghetti and cheese, tossed salad like Monday

Friday: the plan is to make cheesesteak subs, but we may decide to have company over so that could change.

Feels so good to have the week planned out and ready to go!

No comments: