Sunday, August 28, 2011

Lists: Snacks, Breakfasts, Lunches

I know I posted some breakfast and snack ideas the other days, but today I'm posting a breakfast and lunch rotation schedule I've come up with for our family. As I've mentioned before, if it's not on the grocery list, it doesn't get purchased. Not that I don't make impulse buys, I just can't remember what I need if I don't write it down! If I pair my breakfast and lunch rotations with my dinner menu plan and check the snack list, I think we'll be set each week.

Breakfast Rotation:
Monday: oatmeal with toppings (this may be stove-top or baked oatmeal)
Tuesday: waffles (either homemade and frozen or store bought)
Wednesday: breakfast burritos (egg & vege-meat scrambled in a cheesy tortilla with salsa)
Thursday: scrambled eggs, toast, stripples
Friday: dirty rice (vege hot dogs, corn, seasonings, and rice, stir fried)















Other breakfasts we may add in as we like:
Bicher Muesli (a concoction of yogurt, oats, grated apple, strawberries, and ground walnuts)
cold cereal or granola
bagels & cream cheese
Egg McMuffins

Four-Week Lunch Rotation:
Monday: chicken quesadillas
Tuesday: baguette turkey sandwiches
Wednesday: bean burrito
Thursday: pasta shells with parmesan and peas
Friday: hot dogs















Monday: grilled cheese
Tuesday: turkey & cheese roll-up
Wednesday: refried beans & cheese with chips
Thursday: macaroni & cheese
Friday: chicken salad wrap w/ cranberries


















Monday:chicken quesadillas
Tuesday: baguette turkey sandwhiches
Wednesday: taco roll-up
Thursday: pasta shells with parmesan and peas
Friday: falaffel in pita


















Monday: grilled cheese
Tuesday: turkey & cheese roll-up
Wednesday: refried beans & cheese with chips
Thursday: macaroni & cheese
Friday: chicken salad wrap w/ cranberries

In the boys' lunch each day I also include: chips or snack item, yogurt, fruit or veggie, a sweet treat.


{photo credits: my own photo, tumbler, tumbler, family fun}

No comments: